Message from the Representative Director
This organization was founded in 2013 as the “Artificial Light Plant Factory Committee for Producers." In light of the subsequent market expansion of Japan's plant factory industry, we reorganized under the name “Japan Plant Factory Industries Association” in March 2016 and began conducting activities under a new system in July.
Recently, uncertainties surrounding future food supplies have grown due to the world’s increasing population and changes in the global environment, and in the international community, there is a demand for future-oriented sustainable agricultural production.
Against the backdrop of these developments, the present focus is on plant factories that utilize fully artificial light. Japan boasts some of the best plant factory technology in the world, and other countries have high expectations for agricultural innovations that will lead the next generation. However, while there are currently a number of individual advanced technologies available, one major issue is that there has been little technical collaboration in the area of commercialization, thus limiting their potential.
As an organization that represents the industry, the Japan Plant Factory Industries Association will compile technology and information related to plant factories, support producers and promote commercialization, and strive to develop the plant factory industry both domestically and abroad. Moreover, through our activities, we will cherish the Earth's limited resources and contribute to the international community by aiming to make a sustainable society a reality.
Japan Plant Factory Industries Association
Shinji Inada, Representative Director
Our organization conducts the following activities to aid in the development of the plant factory industry.
- International Standardization
- Our goal is to ensure that organizations and individuals engaged in businesses related to plant factories utilizing artificial light, which are now expanding on a global scale, can manage their operations without concerns or issues regarding third-party evaluation, while not suffering any disadvantages resulting from incorrect selection of facilities or equipment.
- Production Support
- We will provide support for production and management activities so that our members can conduct business in a sustainable and constructive manner.
- Information Gathering
- We will collect information on domestic and overseas plant factory operations, gather requests from members, and publish and communicate information brought together from all of our activities on our website and via email.
- Information Gathering
- Common Infrastructure for Technological Development
- As individual companies compete with each other, we will clarify their common issues and non-competitive areas, develop legal systems, and promote the creation of an environment in which support can be received from the national government and related organizations.
- Promoting Public Awareness
- Through seminars, events, and observation tours, we will provide opportunities for interaction between members and people in related industries, promote educational activities aimed at advancing the spread and industrialization of plant factories which utilize artificial light, and increase the number of members who support these activities
- International Business Development / SDGs
- We will aim to create a support system for solving issues associated with overseas business deployment by our members as well as other Japanese companies and organizations, and to establish frameworks to provide solutions when discovering new demand in overseas countries and regions.